Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A few happenings

Two Sundays ago we FINALLY made it to church for the first time. The kids behaved (of course my mom was with me to help). I have been putting off going because it is just me to wrangle a very wild 3 year old and a baby. I enjoyed the service and hope to make it back soon. I had every intention of going back for Wednesday night service, but things were just too crazy. We
got a call on Monday from family to tell us my Aunt Sarah had stage 4 liver cancer and was not doing well. This was the first we had heard of this. She was admitted to the hospital on Monday and never made it out. My mom, my Aunt Carol, the kids, and me all drove through the night on Thursday and made it to see Aunt Sarah Friday morning. She passed away around 2pm Friday afternoon (July 31st). We stayed until Saturday evening visiting with family and then drove through the night (I drove) so my mom could be back to work Sunday morning. I was SOOO tired that I slept through most of Sunday (as much as the kids would allow). Of course, we got home to my siding ripped off the front of the house. Thank you my ever so wonderful giant scared lab!!! He is TERRIFIED of thunder! I should have had him boarded, but didn't have time when we got the news about my Aunt. So, now I have an even more trashy looking house since they don't make that siding and Bruiser decided to eat half of the siding. *sigh* If anyone wants a FREE chocolate lab just let me know!!! (5yrs old, recent shots, pure breed, non-neutered) Since there was not much I could do as far as siding repairs we just played video games. Then I got adventurous and decided we would do our grocery shopping. Of course, I should have known better because both kids had meltdowns in Wal-Mart. LOVE IT!!! Jason should be home very soon!!! Just a few more days and I can't wait!!!!!!!!!! We have our 4 yr anniversary coming up in a couple of weeks. Hopefuly everything will work out so we can at least have dinner - kid free.